AddthatXtraintheordinary

AddthatXtraintheordinary

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Welcome

Hello friends, do enjoy my first post  in the name of 
                        "The Enlightened One"

 My Buddha shelf, the one place for me to be with the spiritual world and my inner realm.

Love these speckled gold dusts:


Thangkas have a story to tell .......
Thangkas are embroidered Tibetan silk paintings, usually depicting Buddhist deity or the lives of the Buddha. They are not a flat creation like  an oil painting but consists of a picture panel that is painted or embroidered, over which a silk textile  is mounted. These devotional images act as the centerpiece during a ritual or ceremony and are often used as medium through which one can offer prayers.They portray a beautiful manifestation of the divine, and are both visually and mentally stimulating.

Tibetan singing bowls are used primarily for meditation, relaxation, and personal well being. These are often used for therapeutic purposes by psychotherapists, massage therapists, cancer therapists and to treat post traumatic disorders too.
I love this metal conch shell with its intricate carvings, an auspicious prayer symbol used  like a trumpet sounding a call to prayer and heralding the divine

This Tibetan trumpet was given to me by my father during his assignments in Sikkim. It is my "lucky charm" as his blessings were with it; I managed to bag the first prize for the best designer and best theme for my first photo shoot and fashion show.
My Muse
In my search for the right niche for the trumpet, I got a case customized to house this treasured memorabalia 
... and finally it's framed.

Thanks for your visit! Hope my post could bring a smile to your face and give that extra bit of solace with the touch of the divine. 

Come by and visit me soon folks. Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
Arani 


5 comments:

My Dream Canvas said...

Thank you for your comment. Its great to connect with you. These are lovely images. Thanks Anu

Auro @ Add that Xtra in the Ordinary said...

thanks Anu,for your nice and encouraging words it means a lot for a newcomer like me in blogland.

Anonymous said...

*sigh*.. Welcome to blog land!! :) These images are super serene.. calm... composed... full of life.. and energy.. I'm sure you get all of your inner peace and strength from here..

Now.. I cant wait to see more posts from you.. Happy Blogging!!

GB said...

Oh, how pretty! It was lovely stumbling across your blog--thanks for dropping by mine.

Like patty said: welcome to blog land. :)

Ivy and Elephants said...

What an awesome present and treasure to keep forever. Your photos are so inspiring. Welcome to the Land of Blog. I am so happy you joined us and I am looking forward to reading your future posts.

Paula

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...